For this Sunday’s program on the theme of Awakening, Lake Fellowship member Marnie Karger invites us to recall a time when we truly felt awake and alive. Use any of the prompts below, and prepare to share your moment with the rest of the group. This will be a casual, group discussion-based program to explore our own personal connections to this monthly theme.
- When have you felt truly awake and alive to the world around you, or perhaps to your own consciousness?
- Describe a time in your life when you felt you finally awakened to an idea or to what it meant to really live in the present moment.
- What does it take for you to feel like you’re truly awake?
- Do you think pain and fear are more effective for “waking up” than ease and hope?
- What are you more “awake to” now than when you were younger?
- What role does rest have in order to feel awake (think mentally and emotionally, as well as physiologically)?