To explore this month's theme of "Story," Lake Fellowship member Marnie Karger will lead an informal discussion all about the stories in our lives. We'll talk about the stories we tell ourselves to survive, the stories we try to rewrite, as well as the stories we know but don't hear enough about. If you would like to prepare for this program, Marnie invites you to consider how you would respond to the following questions:
* How has the role of story in your life changed as you’ve grown older?
* What story about yourself have you outgrown, but others are still telling about you?
* Are you faking a story right now? Are you following a storyline that isn’t really you?
* What stories did your “elders” pass down to you? Have you cared for them and passed them on as those elders hoped?
* What does it take to walk away from a story you’ve been living for a long time?
* What has been the best plot twist of your life’s story?
* What unrecognized current cultural or political “story” strikes you as most dangerous?
Today's meeting is via Zoom, and co-hosted by Lake Fellowship members Kristin Fulkerson and Terry McGlynn. You can join the group starting at 10:15 a.m. and the program will begin at 10:30. To join, please check your email for the Zoom link, or request a link by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.