You are here
NEW LOCATION: In past years we’ve canoed out of Wild River State Park. They do not have canoe rentals this year. Instead, we’ll be renting from Eric’s Canoe Rentals, who we’ve used at Wild River, at their St. Croix Falls location. We park there, they shuttle us to the landing in WI Interstate Park and we paddle to Osceola, where they pick us up and shuttle us back to St. Croix Falls. You won’t have to pay park entrance fees.
· NO PICNIC AFTER: In past years we picnicked after canoeing. The last couple of years, like this year, has been on a Sunday and people seem to be in a hurry to get home. And, we’d have to drive into Interstate Park, pay the entrance fee and shelter rental fee. I decided we’d just enjoy our time on the river and skip the picnic. If you feel strongly about having the picnic, please let me know.
· All members and friends of the Fellowship and their guests are welcome!
· This is a family (whatever your family consists of) trip. This has been a summer highlight for many of us for 20+ years.
· The canoe trip will take 4-5 hours including shuttle and 7 miles of light paddling, floating, and stopping often for swimming, horseplay, and eating.
· This is an easy paddle (unless the wind is against us): novice canoeists of all ages are welcome!
· Canoe rental will be $35/canoe if we have 6+ canoes or $40 if we don’t, which includes shuttle, life vests and paddles. These are nicer Old Town canoes with bucket seats.
o swimsuit under clothes/cover-up
o water shoes
o lip balm and sunscreen.
o cash or check
o rain gear
o more sunscreen and lip balm
o insect repellent
o Kleenex/toilet paper
o a cooler with lunch, snacks & beverages (we often share)
o toys for water and land play (squirt guns, frisbees, footballs etc.)
o they provide life jackets, but feel free to bring your own
IMPORTANT TO DOs & DEADLINES!
RSVP by Sunday, June 23 via e-mail to Laurie Gauer, firstname.lastname@example.org for:
How many canoes and how many people are in your party
If you’re single and want a canoeing partner or want to duff (sit in the middle)
The day of, bring cash or a check, but wait to write it out until we’re there:
it will be either $35 or $40/canoe.
If you’re a single, once we get you in a canoe, we’ll figure out how much and who you owe.
Meet at 10:30 a.m. at Eric’s Canoe Rentals
St. Croix Falls Departure Location – See map on website (link below)